Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Christmas In July, Anyone?

I don't think I've ever scrapped "in season," and this year is no exception. lol Usually, we don't have a ton of Christmas pictures; mostly just pics of decorating the tree and opening presents on Christmas morning. This year, however, I have enough pics for probably 4-5 two page layouts. There is just so much going on at Christmastime here in NC. Last Thursday, when I took my son to Michael's for their kids crafting workshop, I picked up a couple paper packs. Usually, I try to stay away from paper at Michael's, most of it is so cheap and thin. These two paper packs, however, are a good weight of paper. They're definitely thinner than cardstock, but a lot thicker than regular paper, and such a great deal! Each paper pack was half off, making them $9.98, and I also had a 25% off coupon - good even on sale items. Such a deal, I got two paper packs for a total of $18.66. With this deal, I bought a pack that is sold under Michael's "Recollections" brand. I felt really guilty buing it because it's Amy Tangerine's "Sketchbook" collection. It came with patterned paper, stickers, vellum and tags; how could I resist?! The reason I feel bad is because nowhere on the pack does it even mention that Amy designed them. And, a couple weeks ago, peaople were discussing this on the twopeas.com message boards. Amy came on and said she had no idea Michael's was doing this, so she's probably not benefiting from it. I.just.couldn't.resist! The other pack I bought was the Christmas paper I used in this layout, and I absolutely love it. I'm pretty picky when it comes to Christmas paper. It's difficult for me to find paper that I like because I like lots of bright colors, and more than just the traditional red and green, with a splash of gold. This collection fits my style perfectly! There are lots of bright colors, yet you still get that Christmas feel to them. I know these aren't for everyone, but they're definitely for me. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment